SyntaxHighlighter

Tuesday 15 May 2012

Configure IIS7 for Custom Error Pages

I've recently (and finally!) moved to Windows 7 and with it IIS 7. I got PHP installed (using FastCGI) all fine, but was having major issues getting my custom 404 handlers to work with PHP. I found loads of articles all over the web that directed me in the right direction. But no one single article worked for me so this is what worked for me...

All the following settings can be done via the IIS Manager (Control Panel > Administrative Tools), but for me, I created the following Web.config file and put that in the root of the site that I wanted the 404 handler to be working on.


    
        
            
            
        
    


Note the use of errorMode="Custom" and existingResponse="Replace". Hope this works out for you :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Labels

.net (7) ajax (1) android (7) apache (1) asp.net (3) asus (2) blogger (2) blogspot (3) c# (16) compact framework (2) cron (1) css (1) data (1) data recovery (2) dns (1) eclipse (1) encryption (1) excel (1) font (1) ftp (1) gmail (5) google (4) gopro (1) html (1) iis (3) internet explorer IE (1) iphone (1) javascript (3) kinect (1) linux (1) macro (1) mail (9) mercurial (1) microsoft (3) microsoft office (3) monitoring (1) mootools (1) ms access (1) mssql (13) mysql (2) open source (1) openvpn (1) pear (2) permissions (1) php (12) plesk (4) proxy (1) qr codes (1) rant (4) reflection (3) regex (1) replication (1) reporting services (5) security (2) signalr (1) sql (11) sqlce (1) sqlexpress (1) ssis (1) ssl (1) stuff (1) svn (2) syntax (1) tablet (2) telnet (3) tools (1) twitter (1) unix (3) vb script (3) vb.net (9) vba (1) visual studio (2) vpc (2) vpn (1) windows (4) woff (1) xbox 360 (1)