SyntaxHighlighter

Monday 31 October 2011

HSBC API: PayerTxnId is not in a valid base64 encoding

That pesky HSBC API caused me a lot of grief when I first had to set it up on a client site. For various reasons I ended up using the XML method of performing the transaction.

Anyway...
Having recently implemented the 3D secure (Payer Authentication Specification (PAS)) I was getting a PayerTxnId 'LOADS_OF CHARS' is not in a valid  base64 encoding. The PayerTxnId is pulled from the posted data from HSBC. It comes from the XID field.

It took me a while to spot it and, to be honest, I thought I would have to contact HSBC technical support yet again (who , by the by, are very good). But I did spot it! There was a space in the string. I swapped that out for a + and hey presto, the HSBC API processed it just fine.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Labels

.net (7) ajax (1) android (7) apache (1) asp.net (3) asus (2) blogger (2) blogspot (3) c# (16) compact framework (2) cron (1) css (1) data (1) data recovery (2) dns (1) eclipse (1) encryption (1) excel (1) font (1) ftp (1) gmail (5) google (4) gopro (1) html (1) iis (3) internet explorer IE (1) iphone (1) javascript (3) kinect (1) linux (1) macro (1) mail (9) mercurial (1) microsoft (3) microsoft office (3) monitoring (1) mootools (1) ms access (1) mssql (13) mysql (2) open source (1) openvpn (1) pear (2) permissions (1) php (12) plesk (4) proxy (1) qr codes (1) rant (4) reflection (3) regex (1) replication (1) reporting services (5) security (2) signalr (1) sql (11) sqlce (1) sqlexpress (1) ssis (1) ssl (1) stuff (1) svn (2) syntax (1) tablet (2) telnet (3) tools (1) twitter (1) unix (3) vb script (3) vb.net (9) vba (1) visual studio (2) vpc (2) vpn (1) windows (4) woff (1) xbox 360 (1)